Saturday, February 23, 2008

Does the Airport Count?


As I have been traveling around the country, a debate has arisen as to whether airports count has having visited the city. I have always stated that it does count, with some restrictions. They are as follows:

1) If you have been in the Airport longer than an hour and a half

2) If you have been on the tarmat and breathed the air

3) If you have spent significant time with law enforcement ( see #1)

I continue to find those who don't agree and state that it does not count. I then modified my statement so that if you have met the above requirements you would have to state the following.

"I have been to _____________ but have not had the full experience."

Experience being defined as having a taste of the environment, food, culture etc. Full experience would then include an extended time. ( At least by my definition.) Even with this many still will not agree. Thus I submit the photo of what is stated in the Houston Airport. Notice what it says.

Let the debate continue.

2 comments:

Frank Kitchen said...

Dr. Fun! Can you start another section called "Airports I've visited!" Maybe you can hit an airport in 50 states!
Congrats on having 2 comments and at least 28 readers!

Anonymous said...

ROFL! I SO agree!

If you can't count airports, I guess I'd have to modify my cities visited on my facebook profile, drop it by about 20 or so.

Hey -what about cities you have just driven through? What about if you stopped for gas in them, or a quick bite to eat, or a rest stop? Hmmm...

Oh well. I've preached in over 70. Maybe 80 now. Been forever since I have tried to list them all, and I don't know for sure that I even can anymore.